Commercial Banking Test details
Duration: 120 minutes
No. of questions: 60
Maximum marks: 100, Passing marks: 50 (50%); There is no negative marking in this module.
Certificate validity: For successful candidates, certificates are valid for 5 years from the test date.
Commercial Banking Fees
|Module Fees||GST @ 18%||Total Fees|
Commercial Banking Course
This module aims at familiarizing the candidates with the fundamentals of banking and provides some basic insights into the policies and practices followed in the Indian banking system.
Who will benefit Commercial banking course?
- Students aspiring for banking as a career
- Employees of Call Centres / BPOs of Banks
- Teachers of financial courses
- Anybody having interest in the area of banking
Why should one take this course?
- To learn the fundamentals of banking.
- To improve one’s awareness of the policies and practices in the Indian banking sector.
- To be familiar with banking services available in India.
CHAPTER 1 :Introduction
- Definition of banks,
- Evolution of Commercial Banks in india,
- Functions of Commercial Banks,
- Competitive Landscape of Banks in india
CHAPTER : 2 Banking Structure in India
- Banking Structure in India,
- Role of RBI vis–vis other commercial banks
CHAPTER 3 : Bank Deposit Accounts
- Introduction to Bank Deposits,
- Types of Deposit Accounts,
- Strategies of mobilizing deposits,
- Common guidelines of opening and operating accounts,
- Deposit of related services,
- Deposit services offered to Non-Resident Indians,
- Deposit Insurance
CHAPTER 4 : Basics of Bank Lending
- Principles of Lending and Loan Policy,
- Basics of Loan Appraisal,
- Credit decision-making and Review,
- Types of Advances,
- Management of Non Performing Assets
CHAPTER 5 : Bank Investments
- Investment Policy
- Statutory Reserve Requirements,
- Non-SLR Requirement,
- Banks Investment
- Classification and Valuation Norms
CHAPTER 6: Other Activities of Commercial Banks
- Other Basic Banking Activities,
- Para-banking Activities
CHAPTER 7: Relationship between Banks and Customer
- Strategy for expanding customer base,
- services to different customer groups,
- competition among banks for customers
- customers relationship management,
- Banking ombudsman Scheme,
- Know Your Customer(KYC) norms Evolving Trends in Modern Banking Technology,
- Outsourcing of Non-core Activities,
- Financial Inclusion