Commodities Market Test details
Duration: 120 minutes
No. of questions: 60
Maximum marks: 100, Passing marks: 50 (50%); There is negative marking for incorrect answers.
Certificate validity: For successful candidates, certificates are valid for 3 years from the test date.
Commodities Market Fees
|Module Fees||GST @ 18%||Total Fees|
Total Fees : Rs.2124/- (Rupees Two Thousand and Six Only). inclusive of GST.
Commodities Market Module
The aim of this module is to provide beginners as well as the dealers with both theoretical and applied knowledge pertaining to commodities trading. The module is beneficial for those who wish to pursue careers in brokerage firms dealing in commodity derivatives. This module has been developed jointly by NSE and NCDEX.
Who will benefit Commodities market course?
- Commodity Market Dealers
- Employees of BPO/IT Companies
- Anybody having interest in the Commodities Market
Why should one take this course?
- To understand the difference between commodity and financial derivatives.
- To know the usage of commodity futures.
- To understand the pricing mechanism of commodity futures.
- To learn about the NCDEX trading platform, clearing and settlement operations.
- To know the regulatory framework and taxation aspects of the commodities market
CHAPTER 1 : Introduction to Derivatives
- Introduction to Derivatives;
- Participants and functions;
- E exchange–traded versus OTC derivatives
CHAPTER : 2 Application of Futures & Options
- Types of instruments (future, options)-Basics and Payoffs;
- Pricing commodity derivatives;
- Speculation and Arbitrage
CHAPTER 3 : Commodity Derivatives
- Difference between commodity and financial derivatives;
- Global and Indian commodities exchanges;
- Evolution of commodity market in India.
CHAPTER 4 : NCDEX Platform
- Structure of NCDEX;
- Exchange membership;
- Capital requirements;
- Com modities traded on NCDEX platform;
- Instruments available for trading;
- Pricing of commodity futures;
- Settlement and Risk Management;
- Use of commodity futures in hedging,
- Speculation and arbitrage.
CHAPTER 5 : Regulatory Framework & Taxation aspect
- Rules governing commodity derivatives exchanges;
- Invest tor grievances and arbitration,
- Implications of sales tax.